Learn Python Programming Foundations
Learn the programming fundamentals required for a career in data science. In this programme you’ll learn to represent and store data using Python data types and variables, and use conditionals and loops to control the flow of your programmes.
Take a step forward
This programme is on-demand and enrollments will be accepted until end of July
10 hours / week
- This course qualifies you to begin a career in Data Science.
- This course qualifies you to apply for the full Nanodegree programme in the upcoming cohort
- You should feel comfortable performing basic operations on your computer like opening files and folders, opening applications, and copying & pasting.
- You should also be able to read, write, and listen in English
- Maîtrise de l'anglais parlé et écrit
- Compétences informatiques de base
- 18 à 35 ans
- Les candidats doivent avoir l'une des nationalités suivantes : nigérian, ghanéen, sud-africain, kényan ou rwandais
- Connaissance et expérience de l'utilisation des données avec Python (Numpy et Pandas) et SQL
What will you learn?
Python Programming Foundations
Learn the programming fundamentals required for a career in data science.
Represent data using Python’s data types
Represent data using Python’s data types: integers, floats, booleans, strings, lists, tuples, sets, dictionaries, compound data structures
Perform computations and create logical statements using Python’s operators
Write conditional expressions
Write conditional expressions using if statements and boolean expressions to add decision making to your Python programme
Use for and while loops
Use for and while loops along with useful built-in functions to iterate over and manipulate lists, sets, and dictionaries
Define your own custom functions
- Create and reference variables using the appropriate scope
- Add documentation to functions using docstrings
- Define lambda expressions to quickly create anonymous functions
Hear from Udacity Students
I went into this course expecting to learn Python. Having finished the course, I find I have learned a lot more. Perhaps even more importantly (and unexpectedly), I learned a bunch of really useful techniques to use in the coding. After looking back and thinking about what I learned, to say that I highly recommend this course would be an understatement!
Honestly, the programme is well structured and properly planned. It was a bit challenging initially because I had to combine work and the task. This project really built my skill in different areas such as creative and analytical reasoning, multi tasking, and time management.
This is programme is really fantastic. Firstly, what I like most about it is that it has great content presented by experienced tutors, using crystal clear videos. Secondly, It provides real-life business problems which we solve, this is really awesome. Thirdly, it puts one under pressure because of the deadline of submission of the project which is really nice and encourages self-supervision. Lastly, It has a great community for support both the fellow students and mentors who are really quick and solving any problem that any student might surface along the way.
Why You Should Study with Udacity